Designplan respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://www.designplan.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
This policy is effective as of 10 May 2022 and was last updated on 10 May 2022.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services. We also collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filing in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email address) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website, including any and all downloading of technical data.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Such information may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, information collected through cookies, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit, and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all Designplan’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by Designplan about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it,
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary it is appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Designplan, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
The safety and security of your information depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for its overall strength and keeping it confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself, including your name address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Deborah Conti at [email protected].
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see your state privacy rights for more information.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details:
Deborah Conti, [email protected]